Tuesday, February 21, 2012

Still here.

It's been quite a while since I've had time to post or work on the list of things I'd like to make. If you've ever had a teething baby then you know what I'm talking about. Here's a couple things I managed to get done.




Definitely not one of my better creations, but easy and quick to make and something I was really in need of. This was originally the extra piece of cardboard they always stuff behind calendars when you first buy them. As you can see, I'm trying to make good use of the chalkboard paint sitting in my closet as well as the roll of ribbon I bought on sale at Michael's. The left side of the menu board is quite sloppy, but that's mostly due to my horrible handwriting. I always hoped God would bless me with beautiful penmanship. Alas, I take after my dad. 


Finally got around to making my make-up box that will eventually have a matching hanging jewelry box next to it. Again, you'll note the use of the chalkboard paint and my attempt at making the word "make-up" look pretty. It's hard to write with chalk! The rope design is on both sides to go along with the nautical theme around the house.

No comments:

Post a Comment