Friday, January 27, 2012

Just a sleepy mommy with nothing better to do

A very fun craft to make using poster board, scrapbook paper, any shape punch and glue! I was able to emphasize the Navy/patriotic theme I have going on in my house.

It's going to take a little work to get this technique right, but by wrapping yarn around jars and spray painting over it you can create a neat candle holder. Just tie a ribbon around the top and you have an elegant source of light from an old jelly jar.

What once was a basket is now a blue basket, which will eventually match my blue hanging jewelry box and blue make-up box that I have yet to make.

This little thing was sitting outside our window for quite a while the other day and was only too pleased to get his very own photo shoot. I think he just liked teasing the cats on the other side of the glass.

Just when you think you've forgotten what the sun looks like, God reminds you to see the beauty even in the rainy days.

Is it ridiculous that I'm already dreading the day he leaves for college?

Bubba's first snow!

Dear Lord, grant me the greatness of heart to see,
The difference in duty and his love for me.
Give me the understanding to know,
That when duty calls he must go.
Give me a task to do each day,
to fill the time when he is away.
And Lord when duty is in the field,
Please protect him and be his shield.


Having fun with focus... and dangling dog tags off of my toe.




The reason this blog is being created is because I'm currently pulling somewhat of an all-nighter in order to sleep-train my six month old little boy. These two critters are keeping me company. At least somebody's sleeping.





No comments:

Post a Comment