Saturday, January 28, 2012

It doesn't feel like a Saturday

Six months ago today I popped this cutie out.


Seriously, you'll wonder why you never thought of some of these things. From how to get scratches off furniture to genius ways to organize your linen closet.


TIP:
Did you know nail polish remover works well to get sticky adhesive residue off of jars and other surfaces? There are other methods people swear by, but this has been the one that has worked best for me. Next time you want to recycle a jar or can remember that!


The tree outside my window must be the equivalent of a Starbucks to all of the naval base creatures because it is always hopping. I like to catch some of them in action whenever I can. I don't know why I haven't gotten a hummingbird feeder yet since the place is crawling with them. I might even make one - whichever is cheaper. I'm sure the likelihood of catching a clear picture of one of them is nonexistent with this camera, though.


I found Woody Woodpecker!


No Heat Curl

So, I recently saw a hairstyling technique that seemed neat, so I gave it a try. It's perfect for curling/waving your hair and adding a little volume without any heat if that's what you're looking for. I didn't follow the instructions exactly and I think you need to in order to get the desired result. But I thought I'd share in case anyone is interested. Here's a link to the No Heat Curl tutorial:


My tips:

Put some product in your hair before you wrap it around the headband and wait until your hair is barely damp to do so. I did it when my hair was still pretty wet and left it in half of the day instead of all night. It was still pretty wet when I took it out and weighed my hair down, so the curls weren't quite what I was hoping for. Next time I'll do it over night with barely damp hair and add a little mousse beforehand.

However, it still gave my hair a nice no-frizz curl/wave look. I clipped my bangs back because they always seem to have a mind of their own and I wasn't in the mood to get the straightener out.


                                          

No comments:

Post a Comment